Monday, March 06, 2006

Distracted...

It's been a few days since my last post. I've been a good little knitter, and even managed to keep the house clean and laundry done while making great progress on my knitting, which doesn't always go hand in hand. I even took time out to enjoy the Oscars. Some people love them, some hate them. I'm on the enjoyment side. I love movies. We have a lot of fun out here eating snacks and predicting the winners and playing Oscar bingo. I had a chat going with my family in Chicago, but yahoo got overloaded and kicked me off about 15 minutes into the ceremony. So a shout out now to Shikaka, who beat me soundly in the predictions. I'll get you next year.

Speaking of movies, I put a movie line out there for the contest that I thought would be very easy, but I've had few guesses. I'll give it to you again:

"That vexes me. I'm terribly vexed."

If you're having challenges with it, let me know.

Now on to the knitting. I'm in the process right now of knitting Girlie the Girlfriend's Swing Coat from GarterBelt.com. Here is the progress so far: I'm using Blue Sky Alpaca's Organic Cotton. So far so good. I'll keep you posted as I go.

And remember back before the knitting Olympics started I was working on the Drops cardigan in Cashsoft? Here is how far I've gotten on that: It's agreed, Cashsoft is a dream. Mamma made this sweater in pink. I'm making mine in lavender. Of course I will keep you informed of the progress of this lovely project. This will be the first garment besides a scarf, hat, or gloves (or slippers-ha!) that I've made for myself. I'm very excited.

And because I like to have a mindless small project going at the same time as a more challenging one, I submit to you now a simple scarf in progress made out of ghetto Bling Bling from JoAnn's. The simple 8-stitch garter pattern and bright variegated colors is just what I'm looking for when my mind needs a rest from counting stiches and rows. And I can take these simple projects with me to appointments, etc. and not have to worry about messing anything up.

And here is Sproutie modelling his little hat I made for him. I used Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino and size 8 - 12" circulars and double pointed needles to finish this one up. I'm embarrassed to admit that I actually bought this pattern for $4 at the local yarn shop. What was I thinking? Well, he looks adorable anyway. The band is straight stockinette to create the roll-up effect. Cute on him, not so much on me. And look--I even got a picture of his elusive teefies! He's got 5 now:
And finally, here is ZimDee showing us his shark. I couldn't take a picture of brother without taking one of him and his compadre, no?

Have a great day all.

3 comments:

Tim said...

I beleive I've heard you say this movie line before, but I can't place it on any movie.

I received your scarf, and expect a formal thank-you and praises in a very-near-in-the-future blog post. (and yes, I DID notice the "secret pattern" right away!!!!)

Holy Bajeezuz! that middle child of your is growing like a crazy person. If I covered up everything but his eye balls, I coulda sworn I was lookin straight at The Count!!!

Stephanie said...

Sometimes I wish I were a little baby like Sprout, just so I could look that cute in hats again. Very very sweet Unka Shaina! :-)

Tim's right, ZimDee is looking more and more like his daddy. LOVE it!

As far as Tim's scarf, HOW DID YOU DO THAT!? hahah that secret design was one of the coolest things I ever saw, well done Unka Shaina. :-) :-)

Yea, same as Tim (again), I KNOW I've heard you say this movie line before but I just don't think I'll be ever to place it. HELP! heehee love you.

Luv2ReedGrandma said...

Ooooooo I really like the way that scarf looks like! I may just have to try one like it. Great picture of those 5 teeth, too! Cute