Wednesday, December 28, 2005

It's ok--I'm a dork

Sorry for the double posting of the photo below. I'm just getting used to the layout of this blog and how to add photos, etc. I'm sure one day I will become a pro at this, but for now, I'm just going to have to hiccup through this process.

The picture, by the way, is of me reading a precious journal that my dear sister, lovingly known as Trophy Wife Extraordinaire, sent to me. We have used this journal to write our letters to each other back and forth since she moved to the midwest in 2002. In the picture you can see the remnants all around me from her care package to me and my kids. But I had immediately ripped open the journal, still in my flannel pajamas (otherwise known as my official uniform), sat right there on the kitchen floor and absorbed every precious word she had written. I still miss her so much that it aches. You can see Girlie sifting through the rubble for toys, and that's a partial shot of ZimDee behind her.

I learned to knit with Trophy Wife, and I can still feel that connection to her when I knit here without her. My big sister loves me much, and I adore her.

No comments: