Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder...I Hope

*Puff*

Is this thing on?

It's been so long since I wrote on my blog that I forgot my user name, let alone my password. But inspired by my dear friend Amy's entertaining return to writing on her blog, I thought I'd give it a whirl. HTML? Magic links? Those will have to wait until I relearn this while process again.

So what happened to 2009? And the first half of 2010? Let's just say that we have felt the effects of the economic downturn like everyone else in this country. By the grace of God we have been able to keep our home and business running, and that is saying a lot, and I am thankful.

My babies are not so much babies anymore. Girlie will turn 13 in October. Yes, I will have a teenager living in my house. We've had some sensitive moments already, but she remains a sweet spirit with lots of heart.

ZimDee is now 8 and will be entering 3rd grade. This boy has charm to spare and is a friend to all.

And my littlest one? Sproutie will be starting kindergarten in the fall. All day. Be still my heart.

There has been lots of knitting and laughter amid storms and tears and friends and family. I can't wait to share it all with you again. But for now, it's good to be back. I've missed you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I have been gone even longer than you.

Pam Hipp said...

Glad to see you back! I've been fiddling with the idea of restarting my blog, too. We'll see...

Mamma said...

I'm so happy to "see" you! I can't believe Sproutie is going to be in the big K already! Sometimes I think other people's children grow faster than my own (who magically gain inches overnight, just this morning Bird got up and all her jeans were an inch too short). I can't wait to see all you're doing. I've missed you too.