Sunday, April 15, 2007

Fun Movie questionnaire

I'm a little slow in posting this, but Amanda challenged me to answer these movie questions. I'd love to hear what my readers' answers would be:

1. Name a movie you have seen more than 10 times. The Incredibles is going on its millionth showing right about now.

2. Name a movie you’ve seen multiple times in the theater. The Sixth Sense. I saw it exactly six times in the theatre. The best part was knowing when the spooky parts were and watching other theatre patron's reactions.

3. Name an actor who would make you more inclined to see a movie. Johnny Depp, purely for eye candy. Morgan Freeman, Ashley Judd, Tom Hanks.

4. Name an actor who would make you less likely to see a movie. Julia Roberts, Charlize Theron. To me it seems like they come from the "Look at me, I'm acting!" school. And I never have liked Tom Cruise, even before it became fashionable.

5. Name a movie you can and do quote from. What movies don't I quote from? They're all fair game. Classics rich with material are Tombstone and Raising Arizona.

6. Name a movie musical in which you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs. Victor/Victoria.

7. Name a movie you have been known to sing along with. Mulan.

8. Name a movie you would recommend everyone see. The Razor's Edge had a profound effect on me as a teenager.

9. Name a movie you own. The Devil Wears Prada. "That's all."

10. Name an actor who launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops. Eddie Murphy.

11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what? When I was a kid, don't remember what. I always fell asleep. But I do remember my parents having a heck of a time hooking up the sound thingy to the window.

12. Ever made out in a movie? What? And interfere with the whole popcorn experience? No way. There's a time and place for everything.

13. Name a movie you keep meaning to see but you just haven’t gotten around to yet. Napoleon Dynamite.

14. Ever walked out of a movie? Yes. Some Halle Berry stinker. My brain won't even try to recall the name.

15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater. Titanic (yes, I'm a dork).

16. Popcorn? Always, with butter. It's not a movie without it.

17. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)? Not as often as I'd like to at all anymore. I'd like to change that...

18. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater? Dreamgirls.

19. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie? Mystery/thriller.

20. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater? Star Trek.

21. What movie do you wish you had never seen? Powder! I think it's the worst movie ever made.

22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed? Fargo. How do you explain to someone, "You should see this--it's pretty funny." -- "What's it about?" -- "A guy hires someone to kidnap his wife and the wife and kidnapers end up dead and...oh. Never mind."
My husband thought I was pretty weird for enjoying O Brother Where Art Thou?--another Coen brothers movie. And none of my friends enjoyed Lost in Translation. I guess I am a bit left of center.

23. What is the scariest movie you’ve seen? Amityville Horror at a much-too-young age. I swore I would never live in a house that had stairs.

24. What is the funniest movie you’ve seen? Funniest movie is such a tall order. Instead I'll answer with the last movie I saw at the theatre that had me laughing so hard I couldn't breathe, and that was the new Dick and Jane when Tea Leoni drives up in the beat up car to pick up Jim Carrey from the border and he comes running out with his beat up face shining in the headlights and jumps when he sees her swollen lips from the bad botox experiment, and all the illegals are jumping onto and falling off of that little car as they drive away. Good times.

I told you I was a dork.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I definitely think you need to remedy the fact that you haven't seen Napoleon Dynamite yet. That is one hilarious movie. Sweet!

msubulldog said...

So glad you got around to doing this! :) I'm still laughing about the "never living in a house with stairs" thing. Too funny!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you did this, too --- lots of folks were particularly interested in your answers.

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed every bit of it.Wonderful pearls of truth that apply to our time.
questionnaire