Sunday, July 16, 2006

I'm Home

Because he was so shocked at not being tagged by name, I now proclaim that Tim has been officially tagged! Let it be known throughout the land of this taggage! And now I look forward to your unquestionably witty answers, Mr. Tim.

And in light of not leaving anyone out, I didn't tag you, mamma, because I knew you would be out of town. But please note that the gracious Tam has done the honors. Looking forward to your answers as well.

I want to acknowledge everyone who answered that fun little meme, or GIM, in Tam's case. Who knew that Kim and Jennifer liked the TV show House as much as I do? That Angela shares the same strange love of asparagus as me? That Stephanie is obsessed with cheeseburgers? And that Amanda and Tam have both lived in Germany? Well done, ladies. It was fun getting to know all of you a little bit more!

We are now back home from our trip to Chicago. I will have some pictures to post of our trip to the city and the boys' new haircuts when everything gets more settled around here.

But right now I want to say a big thank you to my One Skein Secret Pal. She sent me the most lovely skein of Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn in my favorite color scheme: purples! Also included in the package was an adorable mini spa kit with the yummiest smelling citrus-scented candle, bath salts, and a cute little spa book. There was also a frosted lemon sugar cookie that met its untimely demise in my children's tummies before I could unpack my camera. I absolutely cannot wait to knit this fabulous yarn into a pair of socks, which is my new obsession. Thank you so much, O/S Secret Pal!

A word about Sproutie: apparently he is not allergic to penicillin after all. When we returned home we took him to a follow-up visit to his pediatrician because his rash was getting worse, not better. The doctor diagnosed him with roseola, and explained how this mistake could happen: a child presents with a high fever but no other symptoms. He is diagnosed with an ear infection and given antibiotics. When the roseola rash breaks out after the fever, the child is erroneously diagnosed with an allergy to the antibiotics. The doctor said it is a common mistake. The roseola is a virus and not treatable by antibiotics. It just has to take its course. So Sproutie is in good spirits, though still a bit polka-dotted. Thank you all for your caring words of support.

And finally, another movie contest. What movie did these lines come from?:

"Do You think if I come back its going to be ok by magic? What's going to changed? What's going to be different? We'll both be wrong, we'll both lose."
----"Couldn't we both win?"

"Wouldn't it be wonderful if we were old? Then we could say we survived all this. Everything thing would be uncomplicated, the way it was when we were young"
----"It was never uncomplicated."

and finally:

"Your girl is lovely."

Ok, I think I'm going to go cry now. I love this movie. It always makes me cry. Does it do the same to you? Let me know in your answer.

Good luck to all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely, 100% wholeheartedly agree with you, Kim, about how our Mr. Redford looked in The Way We Were. Completely, beautifully handsome. Sigh...

I bawl my eyes out at the ending every time, no matter how well-prepared for it I think I am.

msubulldog said...

Glad you're back! I remember when Aaron had roseola (got it from someone at the gym playroom). Ugh. But at least Sproutie isn't allergic to penecillin! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you liked your gifts. Next time I will send goodies for everyone!

Tim said...

what kind of quack did you go to here in Chicago? mis-diagnosisies are scary now that I think about it! Keep your kids away from doctors that don't know what they're talking about.