Friday, July 21, 2006

The sock, she is done...

I want you to know that it took me ALL DAY to put this post together. Blogger is most definitely not cooperating with me trying to post today, especially with pictures, so I think I'd better go with what I've got before it eats everything. I guess I should be happy that I was able to load what I did.

As promised, some pictures of Chicago. What a great city. Here is ZimDee looking down at the Chicago river: I'm a huge fan of the first Apprentice winner, Bill Rancic. It was exciting to see the progress on the project he's been working on for Trump in the city. When I was in Chicago back in November they had barely broken ground, and now it's going up fast:

And here is a picture of some of my most favorite people in the world at the foot of the John Hancock tower:
That's my beautiful niece Stephanie on the left, holding Sproutie. The cool dude next to her is my fabulous nephew Tim, and the long tall drink of water to his left is my sweet Natey. I couldn't love them more if I had given birth to them myself. One of the best things about my life is that I have the privelege of being their aunt. I love you guys! I miss you every day.

Here are Tim and Girlie walking down Michigan Avenue, the fabulous Miracle Mile that Oprah mentions at the end of every show. I even saw the famous Omni hotel that guests of the Oprah Winfrey show stay at when they're in Chicago. La di da.

So that's enough of the city, in no small part because that's all blogger would let me load.

Oh, looky here, what do we see?Yes, it's my Girlie carrying on in her mother's footsteps! No matter that this scarf has been over a year in the making now. My baby girl loves to knit! She even brought it with her on vacation. That's true dedication, if you ask me.

A belated congratulations to Kim for winning the movie line contest from The Way We Were. Love, love, love that movie. Thank you for elaborating about the scenes that made you cry. *sigh* Your sweet treats are on their way.

The next movie line up for consideration is a long way from The Way We Were. I'm thinking funny, cult movie here. What movie are these lines from?:

"Kill him--a lot!"

"Hey, you missed practice again today! I think you better sit down and think about how that made me feel."

Good luck to all.

And finally, the moment you've all been waiting for: My Mock Croc socks are done!
I finished them yesterday, just in time to show them off to Amanda at our monthly knitting guild meeting. I also got to stand up and show them to the guild members at show and tell. I felt shpeshal.

And now, my loyal readers, I would like to direct your attention to a new knitalong, of which I have been informed that I am the co-host. It all came about rather innocently enough. Amanda and I were talking about (what else) knitting at the guild meeting, and she mentioned a mystery sock knitalong that she knew of once in which the participants picked out a free pattern from the internet that had no picture to show what the finished product would look like. If you are like most people, including me, you usually skip right over those patterns. But not this time. Who of you is brave enough to come along with me on the Mystery Sock KAL? Mamma? Tam? Kim? I'm calling you out by name. Click on the link to get the full details. So, are you with me? Leave me a comment and let me know. I can't wait to find out! This is going to be fun!

6 comments:

Mommyleek said...

Congrats on the crocs! They're fantastic! And, of course, I'm in on the mystery sock kal, too. It's way early and all, but I've already located and printed a pattern. :)

Chicago looks like it was a whole lot of fun, and have I told you how brave you are to travel with THREE children? The last time I flew with J it was complete insanity!

Stephanie said...

Oh Unka Shaina, it was truly wonderful having you guys here with us. Going to Chicago for the weekend was memorable. Sorry I hogged Sprout so much, I love carrying him in that little pouch. :-) Hey, are you wearing your new Chikaka Shirts?!?! GASP!!!! hahahaha love you.

Love,
Steph

msubulldog said...

What great pictures of everyone in Chicago. My sister took her spring break there last year and loved it!
The socks are gorgeous, of course, and I am so pleased to have seen them in person.
And, yes, Blogger is being a biotch about pictures today. I went through all kinds of hoops getting those two cartoons posted. Urgh.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your first pair of socks. I was sitting too far away last night to get it good look, so I'm glad you posted a picture. Very nice. Am happy Girlie is getting with the program. She will remember this as a good memory. I remember my aunt teaching me when I was young. Unfortunately my mother wasn't too crafty, but she had other wonderful attributes. Patti

Jennifer said...

The socks are beautiful!

What a great idea of a KAL! I just emailed Amanda to sign up.

Oh, and the quote? Buffy the Vampire Slayer. LOL...

Mamma said...

So many comments in my head.

I love Chicago. Isn't it a great place? We used to live there and we miss it very much. It looks like you had a great time.

I'm so impressed with Girlie, sticking with that scarf for so long. Pork Chop wants to learn to knit. I told her she has to master a bike without training wheels first.

You're mock croc socks look great. That's some fancy colorway. I might have to try my hand at that pattern some day.

And finally, I can't believe you called me out. It is so on. You and me, it's go time. I'm throwing down the knitting needles for the mystery sock kal. Looks like fun, count me in.