Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Now That's Funny

Introducing Shiner Watch 2006:Please excuse the scary no-makeup face. Hey, you're lucky I combed my hair, even though you don't see much of it in the pictures anyway. If I'd have known that, I might not have bothered.

The pictures are kind of blurry (what do you expect from a self-portrait?), but there is swelling and the unmistakable beginnings of a black eye, courtesy of my youngest, Sproutie. He took a running leap into my arms, and his bite (what our family calls his pacifier) caught me squarely under the eye. The way I bruise, this will be a full-blown shiner by morning.

Hey, if you can't laugh at yourself, then what is this world coming to, I ask you?

Did I mention that I was a total dork? I mean, who takes pictures of their blooming black eye and puts it on their blog?? Oh, yeah. Me.

4 comments:

msubulldog said...

OH, NO!!! Geez, Sproutster--maybe you oughta give up that bite sooner rather than later. LOL! Poor mommy. :(

Anonymous said...

Poor thing- being a Mom is dangerous! Hey- Vitamin k cream (at the health food store, usually) is great for getting rid of bruises! your sp9;)

Jennifer said...

Ouch! I bet that hurt!

I realized that I had a huge bruise on my butt yesterday. I'm sure it was kid related, but don't remember is happening. Having kids is a contact sport, I'm telling you.

Angela Martínez said...

Eeeek! Now you just need to go hang out somewhere public and see how many people give you that "pitiful battered wife" look.

I guess I got lucky that J never managed to do similar damage to me with his bobo. He weapon of choice was (and still is) his razor sharp nails.

Hope it fades quickly.