Sunday, March 18, 2007

Sock Madness, Round Two

The hostesses of Sock Madness announced today that Round 2 will begin sometime this Thursday afternoon. This does not bode well for me, since I will have family coming beginning Friday afternoon and staying through the following weekend. I will give it my best effort, but it doesn't look good, my pretties.

I have my yarn and needles ready for the pattern to be released, and will give it my all while I can. Timing plays a big part in this competition, and sometimes it goes your way, and sometimes it doesn't.

But just feast your eyes on the lovely yarn I will be working with: It's Claudia's handpainted sport in Red Wagon. I've heard such good things about this yarn, I wanted to try it out for myself. If I have to go down, I will go down in style.

6 comments:

Mommyleek said...

I have faith in your abilities! You know, I was zipping along on a sock yesterday and feeling all proud of myself, and then I got to thinking about you, and how quickly you rocked out your socks of doom, and I was humbled. :) Good luck, and yes, yummy yarn.

msubulldog said...

"If I have to go down, I will go down in style." Ha,ha,ha,ha!!! You are awesome! :) That colorway is so beautiful. . .

Mamma said...

You can do it! Don't think of it as interfering with your time with your sister. Think of it as importing your own personal cheering section! I got my socks done with my Father here. I'm sure your sister will cheer you on as you win your round. If not, you will indeed go down in style.

And curses to you for pointing out Cookie's site. What I would give for design talent like that *sigh* such pretty sock.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear round 2 is not going to fit with your schedule very well. This past weekend would have been better for me. but oh well! I love love love Claudia's Handpainted yarn. I was going to use it for round two but I only have one skein and it's not enough yardage. Do you have two skeins? I'm using Socks that Rock mediumweight instead. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

The yarn is beautiful!! Style, indeed.
Best of luck for round 2. Knit like the wind.

Jennifer said...

I have faith in you, but if you are bounced out, what a way to go!