As you already know, Amanda started the Mystery Sock Knitalong, which at last count is up to 58 members.
Chrissy has just started Sock-A-Month 2, in which each participant knits a pair of socks every month from August through December.If you knit extra, you get brownie points and entered into a drawing for some serious fiber goodage. I didn't join the first round because, well, I didn't even know how to knit socks back then. Now with one finished pair done, I feel like I can conquer the world!
Oh wait, that attitude belongs in this next tournament, which I found courtesy of mamma. This is SOCK WARS, where the only rules are:
1. The first rule of Sock Wars is, you must talk about Sock Wars
2. The second rule of Sock Wars is, you MUST talk about Sock Wars.
(no really, for this to be a success we need as many combatants as possible)
3. Two socks to a fight
4. One fight at a time
5. No shirts, no shoes, just socks
6. Fights will go on as long as they have to
7. If this is your first time in Sock Wars, you have to fight.
Sound ambitious? I hope so. I might just get smoked in this tourney, but don't count me out just yet. After all, they did name a hurricane after me (hey, if I have to put up with all the lame jokes EVERY SINGLE TIME I introduce myself to someone, you can deal with it too).
Won't you join me if you dare?