Wednesday, February 21, 2007

SP10 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love cashmere blends (who doesn't, right?) I'm big into sock yarns these days. Blue Moon Socks That Rock, Sunshine Yarns, and Ruby Sapphire are some of my current favorites, as well as anything from the Loopy Ewe.
I'm really moving away from novelty yarns that don't show much stitch detail.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I store all of my needles together in clear plastic Iris drawers. I'm always on the lookout for cute little bags to carry my knitting projects or gadgets in.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I would say I'm a strong intermediate. I've been knitting in earnest for about 4 years. I learned to knit about 8 years ago when my sister dragged me along to a class. The rest is history.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, the link is here and always on my sidebar.

5. What's your favorite scent? vanilla, coconut, pink grapefruit, jasmine, gardenia, rose.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Chocolate. Chocolate is good. I also really like Lu's Le Petit Ecolier ("the little schoolboy") tea biscuits/cookies.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I don't spin and don't really have the time for it, despite all the best efforts from many good friends. Maybe someday, but for now, not so much. I also do beadwork. My favorite beads to work with are 4mm swarovski crystals, just about any color but orange or brown.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I'm a child of the 80's, and therefore love 80's music. I'm also a big Elvis fan. Musicians I've been really enjoying lately are The Fray, Keith Urban, and Little Big Town. I am MP3 compatible.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love purple of any shade far and away above all other colors, from periwinkle and lavender to deep dark purple and anything in between. I also like pinks, blues, and greens. A combination of any or all of those colors would be fabulous.
Please no orange, tan, or brown. Try as I might, I am just not a fan of those shades.


10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am married with three children (daughter, 9; son 4; baby boy 1). No pets.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I love long scarves and prefer gloves to mittens. Ponchos are ok. Hats just look really dorky on me, I'm sorry to say.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Right now socks and scarves.

13. What are you knitting right now? Socks, socks, and more socks and a sweater or two with the odd scarf thrown in.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Absolutely.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? It really depends on what the project requires. I prefer metal knitting needles to all other materials. For double pointed sock needles, I'm partial to Crystal Palace bamboo.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes. My kids call it the spiderweb. No need to go to the extra work of winding any balls of yarn for me.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? A couple of sweaters, going on a year now.

18. What is your favorite holiday? I really like them all.

19. Is there anything that you collect? Besides yarn? Any and all knitting gadgets, cute sheep for my bookshelf, and tea cups and saucers. My day is not complete without a proper pot of English tea, usually PG Tips, Lifeboat, or a good darjeeling. Earl Grey or fruity herbals are not for me. And I love me some Jamba Juice!

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Sock patterns are always welcome and desired here (hint, hint)! I subscribe to most knitting magazines (Vogue, Knitters, Interweave, Cast On). I would love to get my hands on a pom pom tree.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I'd love to learn how to make two socks on two circular needles. I've got the Cat Bordhi book, but haven't mastered the technique yet.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I am most definitely a sock knitter. I wear a size US 5 shoe.

23. When is your birthday?
March 26.

3 comments:

Elspeth said...

You're kidding - my birthday is March 26th too! Any celebration plans this year?

msubulldog said...

I saw a cool gadget-type thing the other day and thought of you--do you ever drink loose tea, or mostly tea bags?

Anonymous said...

Elspeth--
I will be entertaining my mom, my two sisters, and my sister-in-law and her two boys for my birthday this year. They will all be staying at my house. We will be planting a tree in memory of my brother. I also see a tea party and fondue in the works...

Amanda--
I take both loose tea and tea in bags. The loose tea goes into a tea sac before going into the tea pot. Both work just as well.

Did you say gadget? I must know about this.

:) Katrina