Thursday, February 08, 2007

Thank you, Tracey!

I must share with you what my SP9 pal Tracey sent to me in her final reveal package. There were heavenly Godiva chocolate bars and hot chocolate, a relaxing spa set of lotions and soaps, adorable heart-shaped measuring cups and frying pan (which Girlie thinks are just for her--she has already confiscated them for her cooking set that her Grandma got her for Christmas). There was also a set of size 7 noble needles with rainbow dyed wood toppers. Tracey said they are supposed to help me knit happiness back into my life. The needles were held in the most adorable purple polka dot (!) needle case. Tracey also sent the most yummy skein of purply sock yarn from Fearless Fibers. I can't wait to knit a pair of socks (Tracey said they must be for myself) with this yarn.But that's not all. Included in the package was a beautiful Thomas Golding spindle and fibers to experiment with. The smaller white bundle of fibers is an angora blend, and the pink and purple fibers are silk, baby. Tracey said to save those for when I've got more experience with spinning.
You would think that would be enough, but no. You're not going to believe what comes next:The most gorgeous Forest Canopy shawl knit in deep purple Kidsilk Haze. Here it is modelled by Girlie in her pajamas. Tracey said she knit it with prayers of comfort, peace, and God's love. She said she hopes it will comfort me always. I will wear it with proudly and think of my super sweet secret pal when I do.
Isn't it lovely? Tracey, I am overwhelmed by your generosity and kindness. Thank you for making SP9 such a fun, therapeutic experience for me. You are the best!

I signed up for this a while ago, but am just now letting you know that I am officially participating in Project Spectrum this year.

Here are the color schemes set up for the next coming months:

February / March
Blue, White, Gray

April / May
Green, Yellow, Pink

June / July
Red, Black, Metallics

August / September
Brown, Orange, Purple

I'm going to personally challenge myself to find skeins of yarn that have all three colors in them already and knit a project (most likely socks) out of those. Project Spectrum 2 officially started on February 1st.

I wanted to share a picture with you of how big Sproutie is getting. He's in desperate need of a haircut at the moment, but he hasn't been cooperating in the barber chair lately. Here he is sitting and knitting with me in my natural habitat (notice the stitch marker in his hand). He will just sit very close to me and "knit" right along with me. I love that.If I look a little tired in the picture, ok exhausted, it's because, well, I am. But my babies don't mind. I get sloppy wet kisses whether I'm well-rested and put together, or in my sweats and jammies knitting to Law & Order. What a life.

5 comments:

msubulldog said...

Holy cow, that's quite a SP package!!! Enjoy every bit of it. :)

Jennifer said...

Wow! What a wonderful package and generous secret pal!

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC! And you deserve every single thing.

Luv2ReedGrandma said...

Now, that picture of the little knitter is just Darling!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I know I love it -- and so does Cousin -- when Booh sits next to me at my table. She is currently making a medicine wheel for our friend and neighbor who watches the Splinter Cell when we are out of town.