Monday, April 10, 2006

Small Children

Congratulations to Tam for winning the movie line contest from King Kong. Well done! Get ready for your chocolate treat.

The next movie line up for consideration is:

"I'll make you famous."

Good luck to all.

Sproutie has become quite mobile these days. He isn't actually crawling yet, he moves more like the kind of thing you see on military obstacle courses where they have to maneuver on their tummies under the low wires. And boy is he fast! He is a very very busy boy. I know that this one is going to give me a run for my money. Just look at that twinkle in his eyes: Notice he is buckled in to the papasan chair. If he wasn't, he'd be all over the place. I never had to buckle Girlie or ZimDee down. They would just sit there and play and the thought of escape never even crossed their minds. But not my Sproutie. He's a busy one. As he gets older, I have the feeling that there will never be a dull moment here in this house.

Zim has been talking, talking, talking, saying funny new things every day. His new thing is to come up to me and put his hand on my face and say, "Mom, you be all right." He keeps up a running commentary when he plays his preschool games on the computer. I'm not sure whether he's looking for a response or not. It's like: "oh yook mom, dat cool, oh wuvitoo mom, zimmy wuvs mommy so much, hi mom, you ok, zimmy wuv mommy" and I'm like "oh, yes, zim, that is cool, I love you too, oh yes, mommy loves zimmy" and that's our day. All day.

Girlie has started indoor soccer and it looks like she's going to have a pretty good season. It's fun to watch her play, or rather try to, as the Count and I shuffle wiggly boys back and forth between us. I remember the days when I used to be able to knit at her soccer games. Not anymore. Maybe someday in the future I will again. I will bring my knitting to the games and look at the parents of small children being used as human jungle gyms by their toddlers and giggle inside remembering the days when that was me. As in today.

You know I love (almost) every minute of it too.

5 comments:

Marji said...

ah the memories of little ones. That little sproutie is a cutie-pie too.
So, I'm curious, are you a chocolatier, or do you just like handing out chocolates? and are you a movie officianado? or do you look up those lines on the internet?
I'd say Gypsy Rose Lee, but I doubt you've gone that far back in the archives to come up with that line LOL ;)

Anonymous said...

Welcome Marji! Let me answer some of your questions. First of all, I love the movies. I will go see just about anything anytime. I used to go 2-3 times a week before having three kids. Now I go whenever I can. What I miss at the theatres I catch on DVD.

The movie line contest on this blog is a variation of an ongoing game that I have played with my nephews and nieces since they were sprouts themselves. They too have a love of movies, and I'd like to think I had a hand in that. Looking up the lines on the internet? Not here. I don't think I'll ever run out of the silly movie lines that are stored in my head.

As far as the chocolate goes, no, I don't own stock in any chocolate company. It's just that it's such a fun treat, and who doesn't like getting goodies in the mail?

Gypsy is a good guess, I can see where your thoughts are going with it: "I had a dream--a dream about you, baby!" "Oh Mamaaaaa! Get married today!" "Let me. Entertain you." But that's not it this time. Care to try again?

Stephanie said...

Whenever a person has asked me how I know about so many movies, I've ALWAYS said that it was my "very cool" Aunt that introduced me to the entertainment world. hahaha I still remember watching Rainbow Bright and Three Stooges all those years ago. GREAT memories. :-)

Phbbt. After saying all of that, I still can't even answer to your movie line. Coal Miner's Daughter? hah. Horrible guess... oh well. Love you Unka Shaina <3

Anonymous said...

Nice try, Stephny. But think more testosterone. Much more.

Marji said...

I may not guess again, because I googled it, and found the answer - it is from a movie I've never even Heard Of! LOL, my mom is the movie-ophile in our family, but in my immediate family, we're lucky to see 3 movies a year at the theatre.
Still, I commend you.
Ask me any line from Ferris Bueller - my kids watched the video continuously for what seems like years...but I'll just have to be observer here.