Sunday, April 09, 2006

A Winner

Congratulations to mamma for winning the movie line contest from Freaky Friday. Once again you will be treated to a some chocolate goodness. And who knows, maybe I'll include a return address this time...

The next movie line up for consideration is:

"It was beauty killed the beast".

Snaps to anyone who made it that far in the movie to hear this line. Be the first to answer correctly and chocolate is your prize.

In knitting news, I've decided to join a few knitting swaps. Who doesn't like getting a package of goodies in the mail? And I also like putting little packages together, so hopefully this should be fun. I have heard some horror stories about secret pals not following through, but the organizers of the swaps seem to be aware of this happening and have back-up plans. I also heard that joining these swaps can be addicting, and people find themselves way over-committed. So I think I'll stay safe and keep it at the following three, which looked really appealing to me:

The Knitting Vacation Swap. Sign-ups are now closed for this one, but the idea is to send a package of goodies that someone could use on vacation or to pamper themselves, and at least one item should be hand-knit. Sign-ups for the other two swaps are still open, if anyone is interested. They are:

Secret Pal 8, and you can find registry information at: http://secretpal8.blogspot.com/ Deadline to sign up: April 30th.

And: One Skein Secret Pals Exchange. Info:
http://www.oneskein.com/secretpal.asp
Deadline to sign up: May 1.

Might I see any of you there?

I love the coming of Spring, which brings new beginnings. Even though the sun isn't out today, I'm happy to show you the first signs of spring in my yard.And lookie what I found in my tulip patch: He doesn't look very happy, does he? But some warm hugs and lullabies should fix that. He must have fallen out of a birdie's nest nearby. I have no choice but to take him in and feed him and love him and call him my own. Don't you agree?

My love to all.

3 comments:

Mrs. H said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!! I got in first. That quote is from "King Kong". The really really old one. That's the only one I've ever seen. Fay Wray? Was that the lady's name. She doesn't say it, it's a guy. Anyway, that's my guess.

Anonymous said...

"Legend" with Tom Cruise. =)

Sandy said...

It was king kong. Too late for me, though.