1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love cashmere/merino wool blends like RYC Cashsoft or Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. For socks I love Koigu or Lorna's Laces. I've been moving away from using fun fur.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Plastic drawers
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I learned to knit about 8 years ago at a class with my sister, but got obsessed with it about 3 years ago. I would say I am intermediate.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, the link is on my sidebar
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.) Pink grapefruit by far, followed by gardenia, jasmine, verbena, and vanilla
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Chocolate. And I'm addicted to Jamba Juice.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I love to do beadwork too. I don't spin.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Yes. I love 80's music and Elvis.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love Purple! And anything in the purple family like periwinkle, lavender, etc., followed by pinks, blues, greens and white. I'm not a huge fan of oranges or browns.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I'm married with three children (daughter 8, son 4, son 1). No pets.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? all of the above
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? baby blankets, baby sweaters, and I've been on a huge sock kick lately
13. What are you knitting right now? a few sweaters, two pairs of socks, and some stuffed animals for my kids
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? absolutely!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I like both straight and circular needles (depends on the project.) My favorite needles are metal, like addi's, knit picks options, inox, or susan bates
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? yes to both
17. How old is your oldest UFO? I've been working on two sweaters off and on for about 6 months
18. What is your favorite holiday? I love them all.
19. Is there anything that you collect? tea cups and saucers, knitting gadgets
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I subscribe to Interweave Knits, Vogue Knitting, and Cast On magazines. Someday I'm going to have to get my hands on some Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb yarn. I love any and all knitting gadgets.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Yes! I'd love to learn how to make socks on two circulars. And I've always wanted to master intarsia.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes, I've caught the sock-knitting bug in a big bad way. I wear a size US 5 shoe.
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) March 26.