Friday, September 08, 2006

A Good Cause From a Great Designer

You all know what a fan I am of Chrissy's designs. She created the Ziggy scarf for Mag Knits as well as the Winter Branches sweater that I'm knitting for my lovely sister A. I was a fan of Chrissy's designs before I ever met her. And in fact, when I did meet her, at the Tigard Shop Hop in April, I was actually working on one of her patterns, the said Winter Branches sweater. I was happy to find that she was as delightful in person as she sounds on her blog. We've become friends, and our girls adore each other.

Chrissy has a fledgling knitting design business which I just know is going to be huge someday. I'm a part of her team of test knitters, though I have yet to contribute much. She is soon going to release one of her first self-published patterns, a fantastic pair of socks that I have seen in person and which made my heart flutter. She is raising money for her friend Karen, who suffers from diabetes, for the Walk for Diabetes, to be held on October 15th. All proceeds from the sale of the pattern before the walk will go to Karen's pledge drive. This is a great cause, and one close to my heart, as I lost my dear grandma, my uncle, and a great friend to this disease.

Won't you please go visit Chrissy's blog for the details.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I need to publicize this wonderful pattern too! Yes, everyone run and buy the pattern!

Lori Rode said...

Thanks for your support for diabetes. My other blog is a diabetes blog. It's at http://vovhdiabetic.blogspot.com
What a great, creative way to build support for the JDRF. Thanks for boosting it, too!

Madame Purl said...

What a great cause. I just logged on and donated my $5 for the pattern. This is also close to my heart - I put in honor of my kitty Faygo, who has had to endure insulin shots 2x per day for the past 3 years and still going strong. I'm going to post about it tonight too, so hopefully more and more people will see it.