Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Sock-ret Pal Questionnaire

Sock-ret Pal Questionnaire

The basics:
How long have you been knitting?
In earnest about 3 years now
Do you consider yourself a beginning sock knitter, an intermediate, or have you been doing this so long you could probably knit a pair in your sleep? Probably strong beginner

The measurements:
While your pal may ask for some additional info to ensure a great fit, please provide your shoe size, or any other fitting related info you think is pertinent.
I wear size US 5 shoes.

(fiber related) Favorites:
What colors do you love?
Purples the most, periwinkles, lavenders, blues, pinks
Do you prefer solids or variegated? Doesn't matter
What fibers do you most love to knit with? cashmere/merino wool blends
Who do you consider your favorite yarn vendors? Koigu, Lorna's Laces
What projects (other than socks, of course*S*) do you most enjoy knitting? Anything and Everything, especially baby sweaters

(fiber related) Dislikes: I love all yarn, but I'm kind of moving away from the novelties such as fun fur or bulky yarns like Lion Brand Homespun that don't show off your stitches when you knit.
What fibers can you not stand to knit with? To wear? Can not stand fibers? Oy vey! Not here.
What colors would you never wear? I would wear any color of socks.

The Tools:
Plastic or Metal? Bamboo or wood?
Metal all the way.
Circs or Straights? Depends on the project--I really like them both.
DPNs or Magic Loop? Both again, though I'm in love with Magic Loop. I'm loving the new Knit Picks metal DPN's.
Are there any knitting accessories you don't have in your collection but would like? I'm a huge fan of any and all knitting gadgets. You could never go wrong there. Plus, my kids lost my sweet little white fuzzy lamb tape measure.

The Extras:
Do you have a wish list?
If so, please share the link! My Amazon Wish List
Do you like sweet, sour or salty? (or all of the above? *S*) All are good, as is spicy hot.
Do you have any allergies your pal should know about? (Certain foods, smoke, pet hair, etc) My boys have asthma, so cigarette smoke is not good for them to be around or smell
Favorite scents? Scents you can't stand? I love gardenia and pink grapefruit the best
Do you collect anything (other than yarn and knitting toys of course)? tea cups and saucers
When is your birthday? (month and day is fine!) March 26
Do you spin? Dye your own yarn? No, I think I'll try to skip over those obsessions (you've got to stop somewhere)
Your favorite author/band/vacation spot, anything you think will help your pal know you better... Hmm, I love Victoria BC, English black teas, 80's music, and of course Jamba Juice!

Thank you, Sock-ret Pal!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

You've become a sockamaniac! (lol). Your sock looks great. Thanks for sharing the soccer pics. The boys look like they had a great time too!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing a little about yourself. I think I will make a special skein of yarn just for you in the colors you like...I already have a name planned out for it and can see it clearly in my mind.
Your Sockret Pal partner

Elspeth said...

I love Victoria and English black tea too! But I have size 8 feet and don't like Jamba Juice, so I guess we aren't that close after all ...