This is my first Secret Pal exchange, and I'm very excited. Here is my questionnaire:
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Although I seriously love all kinds of yarn, I always find myself seeking out merino wool/cashmere blends like Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, Rowan Cashsoft, or Louisa Harding Kashmir Aran.
What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
There is no yarn that I don't like.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
3. How long have you been knitting?
I tried to learn about 7 years ago but didn't catch the bug completely until about 3 years ago, when I became seriously addicted.
Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, see my sidebar
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Gardenia, jasmine, floral, grapefruit, citrus (please no lavender)
6. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Not so much, though I would never turn away chocolate
My favorite treat is spicy peanuts, and I love Jamba Juice (www.JambaJuice.com)
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I also like beading.
Do you spin?
8. What kind of music do you like?
Most everything but rap. I love, love, love 80's music.
Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
9. What's your favorite color?
Purple by far
Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
Anything in the purple family, or blues/greens, pinks
Any colors you just can't stand?
I'm not very fond of orange or brown
10. What is your family situation?
Married with three children, daughter age 8, son age 3, son age 10 months
Do you have any pets?
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I love all of the above, though hats don't look as attractive on me as they do on my kids
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Everything, but if I had to choose, probably sweaters or baby items
13. What are you knitting right now?
A couple things: a cardigan for my daughter, a cardigan for myself, a sweater for my sister, a sweater for myself
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
No preference, depends on the project
Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Believe it or not, I love the cheap grey steel straight needles best of all. Of course Addi's for circulars.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No, not yet.
17. How did you learn to knit?
With my sister at a class at Michael's. Good times.
18. How old is your oldest UFO?
I never did finish that first sweater I started in my first class. Otherwise, a couple months for the sweaters I'm working on now. My head is turned quite easily by new projects.
19. What is your favorite holiday?
Strangely enough, I don't really have a favorite. I like them all.
20. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn? And I love tea (English or Irish blends like PG Tips or Barry's Tea)and tea pots, cups and saucers
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
There's really nothing knit-related that I don't like or wouldn't love to have. I especially love knitting gadgets.
What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Vogue, Knit1, Knitters, Interweave, Cast On
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'd like to master intarsia and fair isle
23. Are you a sock knitter?
Not yet, but seriously want to start
What are your foot measurements?
I wear a size 5 shoe.
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
*I'm a thrower. I tried picking, and it's ok, but I feel I have much more control of my knitting tension with throwing.
*I'm a silly, silly person and can find the humor in just about anything.
*Feel free to ask me if there's something you want to know that wasn't covered by the questionnaire.
Yay! I'm looking forward to meeting you, Secret Pal!