Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Oh No!

I've just heard from a winner of one of the movie line contests that her prize came with postage due! I'm horrified. I thought I calculated the correct weight and size and worked with the postal clerk to get the postage just right. If this has happened to anyone else, please let me know.

Speaking of the movie line contest, congratulations to Sandy for winning for Commando. Your prize (with correct postage!) is on its way.

The next movie line up for consideration is:

"I'm just a girl standing in front of a boy asking him to love her."

Good luck to all.

In knitting news, I haven't had much time to knit as I would like. First of all, the Count has asked for the back part of our office that I used for storage so he can set up all his new office equipment in there. His work feeds me and my kids, so how can I refuse? Besides, he's so stinkin charming. But what that means is that I've been busy busy busy trying to organize and clear that area. Which means I've had to organize and clear the storage shed to 1)keep what I want to keep, 2)set aside things I want to sell and 3)throw the rest away. It's the same good feng shui feeling I got when we finally cleaned out the garage, but it is hard work.

I've heard a lot of knitters talk about listening to books on tape while they knit, so I thought I'd give it a whirl, and I'm liking it. But it's still taking me a long while to get through one book. I'd love to listen while I drive ZimDee to and from preschool since it seems like I spend so much of my time in the car, but he protests, and while I like the book ok (Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs, who created the Temperance Brennan character on the TV show Bones) I didn't realize how many F-bombs were dropped in it. So it's just as well that I listen to it when the kids aren't around. So you can imagine how often I get to listen to it, since one of my kids is almost always with me. It's great to clean house to, though, because magically that's when I'm left all alone.

*My love to all*

4 comments:

Mamma said...

Finally, I think I know one. Julia Roberts in Knotting Hill?

I've been trying to clean things out as well. It is a pain in the butt, but so nice to look at once everything is in it's place.

Stephanie said...

You know that's SUCH a great idea listening to books on tape while you're doing other things. Except sometimes I'll space out and will miss part of it, then I'm completely lost.

Cleaing and organizing can be really fun, don't you think? As long as you have the time to do it. I bet it's going to look really nice when you're done!

Jennifer said...

Books on tape are awesome. You could also download books on your computer through librivox or podiobooks.com. My kids protest when I listen to *talking* in the car too. They want songs. *sigh*

Sandy said...

i thought it was spiderman 2.