Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A Clue

Still enjoying family time over here in Chicago. My sister is now trying to get me hooked on DVD's of Charmed. She of the evil TV, who also got me hooked on anything reality-related (Survivor, the Apprentice, etc.) I have no choice but to go along. I'm in HER house after all. I mustn't be rude and ignore her offerings of caramels and chocolate and jalapeno chips and coca cola. That would be in bad form. I'm only doing it for her sake, you understand...

In knitting news, I'm about two inches in on my second Mock Croc sock. I'd show pictures, but all you have to do, really, is to scroll back to when I was two inches in on the first one to see what that looks like.

I've had no takers on the current movie line ("Sorry. You just seemed like kind of an indoor girl.") But I have had requests for hints, and I, ever accommodating, am happy to oblige. Here is another line from the same movie:

"Don't you do that, don't say your good-byes...You're gonna die an old lady warm in her bed, but not here, not this night. Not like this, do you understand me?"

Parts of this movie were beyond cheesy, especially most of the dialogue, but I still found myself caught up in the magic behind the story. Just don't expect the dialogue to hold up upon third, fourth, and fifth viewings.

Good luck to all.

I'll close with a picture of my sweet boy ZimDee playing Payday with the cat:Oh, the days of being a child of the summer...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Titanic. Thanks for the candy, btw!

Jennifer said...

Ah, Titanic... What can I say. Leonardo Di Caprio and Kate Winslet so did not seem to be suited to each other.

msubulldog said...

Um, I think Blogger ate my comment this morning. I wanted to say how much I adore the loving looks he's getting from the couch. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Amanda, isn't that sweet? That's ZimDee's adoring Dram-Drams looking at him lovingly fromt the couch. I like how the big plant kind of camouflages her a bit.

Mamma said...

You are right, you can't be rude in your sister's house. Sounds like you're having a good time.

I'm loving the picture with the cat. So sweet.

Tim said...

I wonder is the cat is winning. Of course, if you've played bored games with this kid, you'll know its possible for him to win even if hes not paying attention to the game.

Luv2ReedGrandma said...

I am So hungry for some of your jam right now. Happy Chicago-ing. Love you all so mmmmuch, mommmmm