Monday, February 13, 2006

Congratulations to mamma

Hooray for mamma for winning the movie line contest for A Christmas Story. More yummy chocolate for you. If you haven't seen this movie yet, you should because it's funny. Especially because you're the mother of small children. A really funny thing happened the last time I watched this movie: I used to watch it from the kids' perspective, and this time I related to the adults' perspective. Watch it and see what you think.

I have to agree with Tam that book "The Stand" was far superior to the movie. You were right about the actress who played Nadine. Her performance makes the scenes with her in it unwatchable. But will I watch it again? Mayhap I will, and mayhap I won't...
Out of curiosity, who would you recast the movie with? Specifically Frannie, Stu, Flagg, and Mother Abigail?

Speaking of my babies/children/kids, Stephny, I have news to report about Sproutie: he just grew another tooth, this time on the top. That makes three: two on the bottom, and one on the top. And he is a biter. Ouch!

Yesterday was a good day for Knitting Olympics, but not so good over in Italy. It was heartbreaking to watch cutie Apolo not qualify for the event that won him a gold medal four years ago due to a split second mistake. Bode got fifth place, so no medal for him, either. But the Tomato came through on the half pipe after falling in the qualifying round, and won the gold. (hey, I've got to support my fellow Olympians by watching their quest for the gold, no?)

Now for the new movie line contest. The line is:

"Go sell crazy somewhere else. We're all stocked up here."

Good luck to all.

1 comment:

Mamma said...

Was it Jack Nickelson in As Good As it Gets? I might fall over dead from shock if I get two in a row, so you might want to carefully consider your answer, do you really want to kill the mother of three?;) I also might be really wrong. It's happened before.